Wednesday, August 18, 2021

The winning short short-story! A hard-fought victory! Congratulations Gemma Muiña!

Animal Farm
A fairy story. A FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY
Mr. Jones, of the Manor Farm, had locked the hen-houses for the night, but was too drunk to remember to shut the pop-holes. He was walking into his home singing a catchy song. At the same time, Gladius the rooster, the hens, my friends the chicks and I realised that our pop-holes were open. I didn’t care about that because all I wanted was to sleep with my mum Gladys the hen. But nobody except me in the hen-house seemed to be tired. The most beautiful hens of the Manor Farm, Yolk and Egg White, that were twins, suggested to celebrate a party. All accepted and Gladius turned on the music. Everyone started to dance to the music. I joined them too, because Mr. Jones didn’t use to get drunk so we weren’t going to have an opportunity like this for a long time. I got up early this morning, I looked around and saw Mr. Jones collecting the eggs. Everything was as usual. Everything had been a dream.

By Gemma Muíña

No comments:

Post a Comment